Last Updated On: December 27, 2018
Can time seriously slow down? I really can’t believe that Christmas is over already and we are heading toward the New Year in just a few days. It’s crazy to me how fast this year has flown by. But, I probably say that every year.
But, with the New Year approaching, what are your plans for New Year’s Eve in Chicago? I don’t even have any just yet. I haven’t had time to think about New Year’s and I’m always very last minute with what to do. It’s usually something pretty chill. RIght now I’m thinking of going to an early dinner and maybe a cocktail after, and home early for an evening of Netflix movies. But, we’ll see!
However, last year I won tickets to Happy Camper for ten of my friends with unlimited pizza and champagne. We had no idea what to expect, but we ended up having the best time. The music and food were great and we had a private table decorated with tons of New Years decorations. We had such a fun night!
Anyway, if you are last minute like me. I put together a list for you of what you can still get tickets for and what I think are the best things to do this year for New Year’s Eve in Chicago.
The 10 Best Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2019 in Chicago
- For a fun and FREE evening, head to Zoo Lights for a festive night with hats, horns, and party favors. Followed by a cozy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Mon Ami Gabi (Be sure to make a reservation!)
- Make reservations at your favorite steakhouse downtown and then head to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks at midnight. I recommend Maple & Ash, RPM Steak, or Mastros.
- Celebrate in style at one the best bars in the city (and one of my favorites), The Berkshire Room. Tickets start at $85.
- If you are visiting Chicago and you are not sure what to do, you can party at The Signature Lounge of the Hancock Building. (Tickets are only $30 which includes a cocktail)
- For one of the best parties in Chicago get tickets to The Drake Hotel for a Vegas-style party. (Tickets start at $165 and they are almost sold out, so if you want to go, get them now.)
- Dine at the new TAO Chicago or party at the nightclub. (Click here to make your reservation)
- If you love pizza, beer, and a little champagne then Happy Camper is the place to go! Tickets start at $60! (As I said, we did this last year, and it was great!)
- Looking for something unique to do? Purchase tickets to The Green Mill for a night filled with Jazz music and champagne (only $30 per person)
- One of the best Christmas bars, Santa Baby Bar in Wrigleyville is having a huge New Years bash! They also have some FREE tickets still available!
- Celebrate ringing in the New Year on the water. You can choose either the Odyssey lake cruise or the new all-glass rooftop riverboat cruise. Or even enjoy their New Year’s Day brunch. (You can get tickets here.)
P.S. if you are coming into the city to stay for the night. I highly suggest using Hotel Tonight for the best last minute deals. You can even book on New Year’s Eve for the best rate.
Happy almost 2019!