Last Updated On: October 29, 2018
Christmas in Chicago is one of my favorite times of the year! I still get excited each year for Christmas to come to Chicago.
In the past, I have made a list of all the Christmas Things to do in Chicago. Family and friends have always asked me for suggestions and for a copy of my list of what to do during the holiday season for years. My Christmas in Chicago list is very long as I love to see and do as much as I can during the holidays in the city.
So, this year I wanted to create a special holiday eBook of everything you can experience with your loved ones, family, and friends in Chicago. If you haven’t experienced a Christmas in Chicago, you really should! Get ready to make some wonderful memories and create your own holiday Chicago traditions.
Christmas in Chicago – 2017 Holiday Edition FREE eBook
This Christmas in Chicago eBook is full of the best holiday experiences throughout the city, perfect for anyone visiting Chicago, planning a holiday visit, or even Chicago locals. Here’s what you will get in the holiday edition of this eBook.
- The best Chicago holiday experiences and events in the city, start your own holiday traditions with your loved-ones
- Where to get holiday drinks and where to dine during the holidays
- The best places to shop in Chicago during the holiday including boutiques and holiday markets
- The most exciting kid-friendly activities in the city
- Where to go to see holiday lights throughout the city
- Where to go for holiday afternoon tea
- Hotels to stay at during the holidays and discounts on holiday hotel packages
- And what to do for New Year’s Eve in Chicago!
Download my Free eBook, Christmas in Chicago: Holiday Editon 2017
To see my favorite places to stay, places to eat, and things to do during the holiday season in Chicago, just enter in your email below!
Then also, A Girl’s Guide to 10 Christmas Things to do in Chicago
Since this is Girl’s Guide Chicago, I just have to include a little sneak peek into my Christmas in Chicago eBook and share some of my favorite things that you could do with your girlfriends, loved-ones, or your significant other to kick off the holiday season.
- Starbucks is not my most favorite coffee shop but I do LOVE their holiday drinks. Meet at your favorite or local Starbucks for a fun coffee date and enjoy a peppermint mocha to kick off the holidays. It’s something that my hubby and I have done for years.
- Plan an ornament exchange party! Get dressed up and host a brunch or dinner at your favorite place in the city
- Go see Love Actually with your girlfriends at ArcLight Cinemas on December 4th.
- Grab the new truffle mocha hot chocolate from the new Fairgrounds Coffee bar at the Chicago Athletic Association hotel and go watch the tree lighting ceremony at Millenium Park on November 17th at 6 pm.
- Throw a Bears party on either Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Eve. The Bears are playing on both these days. Before or after the game, plan a friendly game of two-hand touch or flag football game in Lincoln Park. (Doesn’t this so remind you of that one Friend’s episode!).
- Spend an afternoon at the Art Institute and go see the Thorne Miniature Rooms. This room displays 68 miniature rooms that replicated different time periods. Many are decked out in holiday decor! Plus you can enjoy a late lunch at the new cafè, Caffè Moderno.
- It’s not the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade but Chicago does have their own really fun Thanksgiving Parade. The parade starts at 8 am on Thanksgiving.
- Grab your girls and shop local on Small Business Saturday, November 25th. I’m actually creating a special eBook with amazing discounts from boutiques all over the city, so stay tuned for that!
- If you have followed GGC for awhile you might have read my post about my Chicago Bus Tour. It was so much fun even if you are a Chicagoan! Sign up to see the holiday lights around town on the Big Bus Chicago.
- The Fairmont Chicago is hosting their 2nd annual Cookies and Cheer Exchange on November 30th and December 1st. A perfect holiday tradition to start with your girlfriends.
Free Download: Save a copy of this checklist I made:
10 Festive and Fun Christmas Things to do in Chicago 2017
P.S. I would love to see your holiday photos so make sure to tag #girlsguidechicago in your holiday pics! And don’t forget to download my eBook!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!