Last Updated On: November 4, 2018
Christmas in Chicago is one of my favorite times of the year! I still get excited each year for Christmastime to come to Chicago. Every year, I make a huge list of everything I want to see and do during the holidays in the city.
This is my 2nd year creating this eBook and I hope you with be able to create some great holiday memories with your family, friends, and loved ones. In this eBook, you will discover the best things to do in Chicago. If you haven’t experienced a Christmas in Chicago, you really should! You are missing out!
So get ready to make some wonderful memories and create your own holiday Chicago traditions. Use hashtag #girlsguidechicago to share with me your holiday pics!
How to Celebrate Christmastime in Chicago, 2018
This Christmas in Chicago eBook is full of the best holiday experiences throughout the city, perfect for anyone visiting Chicago, planning a holiday visit, or even Chicago locals. Here’s what you will get in the 2018 holiday edition of this eBook.
- The best Chicago holiday experiences and events in the city, start your own holiday traditions with your loved-ones
- Where to get the best holiday drinks
- Cozy places to dine during the holidays
- The best places to shop in Chicago during the holiday including boutiques and holiday markets
- The most exciting kid-friendly activities in the city
- Where to go to see holiday lights throughout the city
- Where to go for holiday afternoon tea
- Hotels to stay at during the holidays and discounts on holiday hotel packages
- And what to do for New Year’s Eve in Chicago!
Download the FREE Christmas in Chicago eBook, Holiday 2018
An Instagrammer’s Guide to Christmas in Chicago
These are my most favorite spots to Instagram and visit during Christmas in Chicago. You can use this list to also Instagram your way through Christmas in Chicago.
- Go shopping with your girlfriends at Macy’s on State Street and take a photo of the beautiful holiday decorations at Macy’s
- Pose in your favorite holiday outfit at one of the gorgeous Christmas trees throughout the city (at the old Water Tower, Millennium Park, Wrigley Building, Waldorf Astoria)
- Snap a photo by the tree during your holiday lunch at the Walnut Room
- Take photos as you ride the CTA holiday train
- There’s plenty of pretty holiday photos to take at Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
- Take a group photo at The Music Box Theatre sign before you go see It’s a Wonderful Life
- Visit and snap photos of some of the best decorated hotels in the city (The Drake, The Peninsula, The Langham, The Palmer House Hilton)
- Photos of you and your friends while ice skating at Millennium Park, The Ribbon at Maggie Daley Park, or The Park at Wrigley
- Shop holiday ornaments from your favorite local Chicago boutique or holiday market
- Take a photo of your mulled wine souvenir mug at the Christkindle Market
- Enjoy drinks, take some group photos, and see crazy Christmas decor at Butch McGuire’s
- Snap a festive photo of your holiday Santa cocktail at Lost Lake in Logan Square
- Take a photo of your fancy hot chocolate with so many delicious toppings from the hot chocolate bar at the Park Hyatt
- Have a sweet treat with holiday cupcakes from Magnolia’s Bakery. They also make a cute pic!
- Take photos of your beautiful holiday afternoon tea. Here’s a list of my favorite holiday afternoon tea spots.
- Take a photo while enjoying a chocolate martini from the Signature Lounge at the Hancock. The view of the whole city and all the holiday lights is stunning!
- Share a hotter chocolate at Bombobar with a friend, you will want to Instagram this dessert for sure!
- Have fun with your friends while your sip on mulled wine and play on curling rink at Upstairs at the Gwen. Perfect for photo ops.
- Sip wine or have some afternoon tea with the girls at RH in the Gold Coast and lounge around in their holiday decor rooms
- Snap your way around the best holiday spots in Chicago with a free holiday walking tour.
You can also download and save a copy this checklist by click HERE or on the image below.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! xo